- Popularisation and promotion of running as the simplest form of recreation.
- Promotion of the City of Poznań in Poland and in the world.
The City of Poznań
Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres
34 Spychalskiego Street
61-553 Poznań, Poland
phone +48 (61) 835 79 17
The run shall be held under the patronage of the Mayor of the City of Poznań.
III. Marathon Office
- The Marathon Office is located in the Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres Headquarters, that is:
34 Spychalskiego Street, 61-553 Poznań, Poland, in the rooms: 201, 203, 204.
Open from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00p.m.
phone +48 61 835 79 17
- On 16-17 October 2020, the Marathon Office shall change its registered office to:
Poznań International Fair Ltd.
Hall no. 3
14 Głogowska Street, 60-734 Poznań, Poland
IV. Date and venue
- The run shall take place on 18th October 2020 in Poznań.
- Start: at Grunwaldzka Street (at the Poznań International Fair Ltd.).
- at 8:50a.m. – wheelchair users (types of the wheelchairs permitted to a start by the Organiser – to be downloaded),
- at 9:00 – runners.
- Finish: Poznań International Fair Ltd. (St. Mark’s Square).
- The date, venue and route of the Marathon may be changed, as well as the Marathon may be cancelled in case of any unpredictable circumstances on a date of publishing this Regulations or due to force majeure.
V. Start zones
- The competitors line up at the start in designated and appropriately marked start zones in the following order:
- wheelchair users,
- elite runners,
- the other runners – in the zones according to the information on the bib number.
- The start zones are assigned to the participants on the basis of the finish times declared by them during the registration for the Marathon.
- The different colour stripes on participants’ bib numbers indicate start zones to which the runners are assigned to:
- Zone for wheelchairs – orange strip
- Zone AA – yellow strip – run elite
- Zone A – red strip – competitors with time below 3:10
- Zone B – green strip – time between 3:11 – 3:29
- Zone C – blue strip – time between 3:30 – 3:59
- Zone D – violet strip – time between 4:00 – 4:29
- Zone E – brown strip – time between 4:30
- The chosen start zone can be changed for a different one by participant on his/her individual on-line profile on the Marathon web site by 8th October 2020.
- The route length: 42.195 km.
- The route covers 1 loop.
- The route is certified by AIMS, IAAF, PZLA.
- Each kilometre of the route is marked with the vertical and horizontal signs.
- The route of the Marathon shall be closed to traffic until 3:30p.m.
VII. Time limit
- The time limit for the run completion by the competitors is of 6 hours.
- The runners who do not finish the run until within the time limit specified in VII.1 are obliged to discontinue running and get off from the run route or reach the finish by the minibus marked with the „Marathon’s Finish” sign.
- Whoever stays on the run route upon an expiry of the time limit specified in these regulations does so at their own risk and responsibility. In this case are applicable the provisions of the Road Traffic Law Act and the Civil Law Act.
VIII. Time measurement
- The official time in the general and age classification is real time (net time – counted from the moment the runner crosses the start line). The first 100 runners crossing the finish line are the exception from this rule – their official time is gross time – counted from the starter’s shot). If there is no 8 men and 8 women in the first 100 finishing runners, the number or runners whose official time is net time is increased appropriately until such amount of men and women crosses the finish line.
- Each run participant shall receive information both about his/her gross, and net times in his/her final results.
- The time is measured by a chip attached to a running shoe lace of the participant. The chips are returnable.
- The charge for time measurement is included in the registration fee.
- The time control points are located along the route at: start line, 5 km, 10 km, 15 km, 20 km, 21,097 km, 25 km, 30 km, 35 km, 40 km finish line. No readout at any of the control points may result in a disqualification.
- The personnel at the control points note down the runners who take a short cut along the route. The runners taking the short cut or going the wrong route shall be disqualified.
IX. Nutrition, sanitary and medical points
- The nutrition points are located approximately every 5 km starting from 5th kilometre of the route.
- At all nutrition points can be found: water, isotonic drink, chocolate, sugar.
- It is not recommended to the runners to drink and eat along the run route beyond the points indicated by the Organiser.
- The Organiser fails to accept private nutritional supplements belonging to the participants excluding the elite runners.
- The Pasta Party shall be held on 17th October 2020 in the area of the Poznań International Fair Ltd. – Hall no. 3, between 12:00 p.m. – 8:00p.m.
- The participation in the Pasta Party is free of charge for the participants of the Marathon. A basis to be given a pasta serving shall be a nutrition voucher that constitutes an integral part of the start number of the competitor. It should be torn off and handed over to the meal service point.
- Upon finishing the run, after the finish line the participants shall receive:
- in the finish zone – fruit, sugar, chocolate and beverages,
- upon leaving the finish zone – warm meal.
- In the vicinity of each nutrition points shall be located the medical points and the cabin toilets (toilets).
- The Organiser shall ensure medical care at the run start, along the run route and at the run finish.
- The right to start in the 21st PKO Poznań Marathon is granted only to the persons who at the latest on 18th October 2020 turn 18 years old.
- Only the runners and wheelchair users take part in the 21st PKO Poznań Marathon. The Organiser due to the safety reasons doesn’t allow for participation of the people on skates, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles and other mechanical devices without a permit issued by Organiser. Due to the character of the Marathon the people with sticks (trekking and Nordic Walking) are forbidden to start.
- The Organiser fails to give its consent to run the Marathon with a bib number assigned to another person. The competitor who runs with the bib number assigned to the other person shall be disqualified.
- During the run, all competitors must have their bib numbers pinned.
The bib numbers must be attached at the front to sports shirts on the chest or at the front on the waist belt for the bib numbers fastened on the hips. Under the penalty of disqualification, it is unacceptable to cover the bib number in part or in whole, its modification and placing the bib number on the back. The competitors who start without the bib number visible in the front of T-shirt may be disqualified.
- During the run, all competitors must have a pinned chip. The chip must be fixed to the left or right leg (shoe shoelace). Placing chips in other places threatens with a disqualification.
- Wheelchair users must wear a helmet.
- The rules of the PZLA (“Rules of Athletics Competitions” Polish edition on the basis of IAAF), IAAF (https://www.iaaf.org/about-iaaf/documents), AIMS guidelines and these regulations are applicable in respect of the Participants of the Marathon.
- By registering for the Marathon, the competitor automatically declares that he/she has read the Regulations and undertakes to comply with it.
XI. Participants verification and start packages issuing
- The verification of the competitors and the start packages issuing (including bib numbers, gifts and the Marathon informative materials) shall take place in the Marathon Office in the area of the International Fair Ltd., at 14 Głogowska Street only on:
- 16/10/2020 (Friday) within 11:00a.m. – 08:00p.m.,
- 17/10/2020 (Saturday) within 10:00a.m. – 08:00p.m.
- The participant collets a start package on the basis of the identity document and the start card. The Organiser sends the start packages neither via post nor courier.
- The start card shall be available from 9th October 2020 at 11:00 on the individual competitor’s profile (access: www.marathon.poznan.pl – „Login” tab). A verification of the competitors and a collection of the start packages shall take place in the Half Marathon Office on the basis of the identity card or a start card, that can be collected by the participant from his/her individual runner’s profile. If someone can not personally pick up the start package, he/she must give the start card or ID card (can be photocopy or scan) to the person who shall receive the package for him/her.
- On the date when the Marathon is held, i.e. 18th October 2020, the Marathon Office shall be closed, and a collection of the start packages shall be impossible.
- The start package shall include:
- an envelope with a bib number, a time measurement chip, a sticker with a number on locker room sack for the deposit, a voucher for the Pasta Party, 4 safety pins,
- a sport bag/sack, a T-shirt, advertising materials from the sponsor – PKO Bank Polski.
- General – women and men.
- Age classification – women and men: 18-29, 30-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and older. The age classification is not applicable to the wheelchair users.
- The best citizen of Poznań – woman and man.
- The oldest participant of the Marathon – woman and man.
- General – disabled wheelchair users on the wheelchairs featuring a direct drive (active wheelchairs without any adaptors of the FreeWheel, eway, etc. type) and having a direct drive (sport wheelchairs – rim-push), with an indirect drive (handbike, chain ones).
XIII. Applications / Fees
- The applications are accepted via the on-line form published on the following web site: www.marathon.poznan.pl or personally in the Organiser Office or the Marathon Office.
- The deadline for the on-line applications is 15th October 2020 or once the applications limit is reached.
- On 16 and 17 October 2020 (if the limit of paid applications is not exhausted earlier), the applications and the registration fees shall be accepted only in the Marathon Office (Poznań International Fair, hall no. 3), within its opening hours (a payment shall be able to be made only in cash):
- 16.10.2020 (Friday) 11:00a.m. – 8:00p.m.
- 17.10.2020 (Saturday) 10:00a.m. – 8:00p.m.
- The limit of the paid applications is of 6 000 persons.
- An application is considered effective when the Organiser gets correctly filled application form and the registration fee is credited to its bank account.
- The Organiser establishes the following registration fees:
- when paid until 30th April 2020 – fee of PLN 125,
- when paid from 1st May until 30th June 2020 – fee of PLN 145,
- when paid from 1st July until 10th September 2020 – fee of PLN 165,
- when paid from 11th September until 15th October 2020 – fee of PLN 205,
- when paid on 16th and 17th October 2020 – fee of PLN 225 PLN.
- The amount of the registration fee depends on the payment date or the bank transfer date (crediting the Organiser’s account), not the registration date for the run.
- Once paid, the registration fee is not subject to return and transfer to the events organised by the Organiser within the subsequent years.
- The Organiser ensures that data related to the payment process, i.e. credit card numbers and details, as well as the access codes to the on-line bank accounts, are not recorded by the Organizer. To protect confidential data, transactions made through an external on-line payment system shall be encrypted.
- The following participants have the right to participate in the Marathon for free provided they register by 17th October 2020:
- participants who completed all 20 editions of the Poznań Marathon,
- wheelchair users,
- participants who were on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in their age classifications in the 20th PKO Poznań Marathon,
- participants who take part in the Marathon on the basis of the separate contracts and agreements concluded by the Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres Headquarters (POSiR),
- participants exempted from paying the registration fee by the Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres Director (individual cases) based on their written request,
- visually impaired and blind participants taking part in the 9th Mistrzostwa Polski Osób Niewidomych i Słabowidzących (Organiser: The Physical Education, Sport and Tourism Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted “CROSS” in Warsaw),
- winners of the competitions organised by the Organiser, Partners and Sponsors, where an award constituted an exemption from registration fee,
- official pacemakers,
- contract competitors,
- honour guests who take part in the run invited by the Organiser,
- Disabled persons other than those listed above can be exempted from the registration fee based on the written request submitted to the POSiR Director or they may request a refund a registration fee on the basis of a medical certificate presented for inspection during a collection of the start package. Please DO NOT SEND the medical certificates by e-mail or traditional post to the Organiser.
- The competitors over 60 years old have the right to a 50% discount (discounts do not add up).
- The runners who have the “Ogólnopolska Karta Dużej Rodziny” card featuring a territorial code of the city of Poznań get a 25% discount on the registration fee. The “Karta Dużej Rodziny” card issued by the other cities do not authorise to get a 25% discount.
- The bib number can be transferred to another participant, who is registered, but fails to have his/her bib number within the non-negotiable deadline until 8th October 2020. In order to effect it, the latter must complete the form for the participation transfer, which can be found on the participant’s individual profile on the web site: https://runner.marathon.poznan.pl/. The Organiser waives its responsibility for the mistakes of the participants made during the transfer of their bib number to the other participant.
- The Organiser fails to provide agency services in the settlements between the participants.
- The winners in the general category of men and women (1st-3rd place) receive cups.
- The winners in the individual age categories of men and women (graded according to net time), receive for the first, second, third place exemption from the registration fee in the 22nd PKO Poznań Marathon 2021, which can be transferred to another person in the event of his/her resignation from the start.
- The winners in the category of the best Poznań citizen – man and woman (1st place) – receive cups.
- The winners in the category of the oldest participant – man and woman (1st place) – receive cups.
- The cash prizes in the general category of men and women):
- 1st place – PLN 20 000
- 2nd place – PLN 12 000
- 3rd place – PLN 8 000
- 4th place – PLN 6 000
- 5th place – PLN 4 000
- 6th place – PLN 3 000
- The bonus for breaking the record of the Poznań Marathon for the first woman (time below 02:31:55) and the first man (time below 02:11:43) is of PLN 10 000.
- The cash prizes in the general category of wheelchair users disabled wheelchair users on the wheelchairs featuring a direct drive (active wheelchairs without any adaptors of the FreeWheel, eway, etc. type) and having a direct drive (sport wheelchairs – rim-push), with an indirect drive (handbike, chain ones).):
- 1st place – 2 500 PLN
- 2nd place – 2 000 PLN
- 3rd place – 1 500 PLN
- The prizes in the general classification – women (1st – 6th place) and in the general classification – men (1st – 6th place) are granted to runners based on their order of crossing the finish line.
- All runners who complete the marathon within 6 hours are awarded a medal.
- An income tax according to the mandatory law provisions is deducted from the money prizes.
- The money prizes are granted into the specified participants’ bank accounts only via bank transfer upon receiving the results of the antidoping tests. They cannot be paid in cash.
- In order to receive the cash prize into the bank account, runners must fill in the necessary forms required by the Tax Office and send them to the Organiser’s address within 30 days from the finish date of the Marathon (Form to be downloaded).
XV. Anti-doping control
- The organizer reserves the right to conduct doping control (including EPO).
- If doping agents prohibited in accordance with the WADA list in the “A” sample are found, the runner is informed about the possibilities and details of examination of the „B” sample at his/her own expense. A positive result of the “B” sample test automatically disqualifies that runner.
- The Organiser does not conduct any appeal, explanatory or disciplinary proceedings based on the guidelines of the World Anti-Doping Agency, Polish anti-doping provisions, IAAF and PZLA regulations.
- The Organiser shall ensure free accommodation on 17th/18th October 2020 for the first 600 participants of the Marathon, who shall mark the accommodation booking in the registration form.
- The accommodation shall be provided in the sport halls at 34 Spychalskiego Street in Poznań.
- The Organiser fails to provide the mattresses and sleeping bags.
- The competitors are accepted for the night stay on 17th October 2020 upon a presentation of the bib number.
XVII. Deposits, locker room, showers
- The deposits and locker rooms shall be located near the finish line of the Marathon in the area of the Poznań International Fair Ltd. (hall no. 3A).
- The runners shall give their things to the deposit, packed in bags marked with bib numbers from 8:15 a.m. until 9:30a.m. All baggage given to the deposit must fit in one sack labelled with a sticker featuring a participant’s number. There must be no glass or other objects in the sack that can be easily damaged. The Organiser is not responsible for such damage (cracking, breaking, crushing, etc.). It is prohibited to leave valuable items such as watches, wallets with a content, electronic equipment, etc. in the deposit. The deposit will not accept any bicycles or other bulky items that do not fit in the aforementioned sack.
- An issuance of the sacks from the deposit shall take place on 18/10/2020 upon presenting the bib number until 4:00p.m.
- Losing the bib number by the competitor releases the Organiser from liability for picking up the bag by another person.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for the things not left in the locker room.
- All participants who take part in the Marathon shall be eligible to benefit from the free massages and showers until 4:00p.m. in the hall 3A at the premises of the International Fair Sp. z o. o. ul. Głogowska 14.
- The unofficial results from the run shall be posted on the website www.marathon.poznan.pl immediately after the run.
- The official results of the run shall be posted on the website www.marathon.poznan.pl upon obtaining the final report from results of the anti-doping tests.
- The details of the participants (first name, surname, year of birth, locality, club, age category, net time, gross time, country, sex) who have completed the 21st PKO Poznań Marathon shall be placed in the run end results on website: https://marathon.poznan.pl/en/runners-zone/results/ unless the participant gives his/her consent to it. In case of a failure to give a consent by the participant to publish the above-mentioned details, only the bib number and the achieved run time result shall be posted in the official results.
XIX. Final provisions
- All run participants shall have a personal accident insurance during the run.
- A runner completing the electronic application form confirms that he/she shall run on his/her own responsibility and shall bear the associated risk, acknowledging that participation in the Marathon involves a physical effort and entails natural risk and threatens with the accidents, a possibility of the bodily injuries and physical injuries (including death), as well damages and property losses. Completing the registration form and paying the registration fee means that the competitor assessed the nature, scope and degree of risk related to a participation in the Marathon and voluntarily decided to take this risk, starting in the Marathon at his/her own responsibility.
- The Organiser recommends before and during preparations for the Marathon to have the appropriate medical examinations or medical consultations depending on the age and physical condition of the Participant.
- It is forbidden to bring items to the Marathon route that may be dangerous to the other runners. It is forbidden to bring intoxicants, doping, illegal substances and alcoholic beverages to the venue of the Marathon.
- Any complaints, comments and requests regarding the issues related to the participation in the Marathon and protests regarding the results of the Marathon can be submitted, in particular, by e-mail to the Organiser’s address (email@example.com) or by registered mail to the address of the Organiser’s Office (POSiR, ul. Spychalskiego 34, 61-553 Poznań), within 3 days from the date of completion of the Marathon.
- The Organiser reserves the right to introduce the additional classifications and prizes.
- The advertising materials can be placed on the start, route and finish of the Marathon upon an exclusive consent of the Organiser. The advertisement of the items different than those of the official Sponsors and Partners of the Marathon is forbidden.
Poznań, December 2019 Director of Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres (POSiR)