Download: Regulations (PDF)
1. Popularization and promotion of running as the simplest form of recreation.
2. Promotion of the City of Poznań in Poland and abroad.
1. The City of Poznań, Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres,
Address: 61-553 Poznań, 34 Spychalskiego Street
Phone: (+48) 61 835 79 17,
Patronage of this event is held by Jacek Jaśkowiak, the Mayor of the City of Poznań.
III. Marathon Office
1. The Marathon Office is located in Poznań Sports and Recreation Centers Head Office:
Address: 61-553 Poznań, 34 Spychalskiego Street
Open from Monday to Friday, at 8.00 – 16.00
Phone: (+48) 61 835 79 17,
2. On 12-13 October 2018 the Marathon Office will chenge its registered office to:
Poznan International Fair, Hall 3
Address: 14 Głogowska Street, 60-734 Poznań
It will be open:
– Friday (October 12), at 10.00 – 20.00
– Saturday (October 13), at 10.00 – 20.00
– Sunday (October 14), closed
IV. Date and venue
1. The race will take place on October 14, 2018 in Poznań.
2. Start: Grunwaldzka Street (at the Poznań International Fair):
– 8.50 – wheelchairs
– 9.00 – runners
3. Finish: Poznań International Fair (St. Mark’s Square).
4. Runners will be placed on the start in the order of:
– wheelchair users
– elite runners
– runners with bib numbers up to number 50
– other runners – setting up in zones according to the information on the start number.
V. Start zones
1. Participants line up at the start in designated start zones.
2. Start zones are assigned to participants based on the finish times declared by them during registration for the Marathon.
3. Different colour stripes on participants’ bib numbers indicate start zones to which the runners are assigned to:
– zone for wheelchairs – orange stripe
– zone AA – yellow stripe – bib numbers 1-50 including elite runners,
– zone A – red stripe – time below 3:10,
– zone B – green stripe – time between 3:11-3:29,
– zone C – blue stripe – time between 3:30-3:59,
– zone D – violet stripe – time between 4:00-4:29,
– zone E – brown stripe – time above 4:30.
4. Start zones can be changed for different ones by participants on their individual online account by 4 October 2018.
1. The route length: 42,195 km.
2. The route covers 1 loop.
3. The route has got AIMS, IAAF and PZLA certificates.
4. Each kilometer of the route is marked.
VII. Time limit
1. Time limit for the race completion is 6 hours.
2. Runners who do not finish the marathon until 15.15 are obliged to discontinue running and reach the finish by the bus marked “Marathon’s finish”.
3. The marathon route is closed for car traffic until 15.15.
VIII. Time measurement
1. The official time in general and age classification is net time (counted from the moment the runner crosses the start line). The first 100 runners crossing the finish line are the exception from this rule – their official time is gross time (counted from the starter’s shot). If there is no 8 men and 8 women in the first 100 finishing runners, the number or runners whose official time is net time goes bigger until such amount of men and women crosses the finish line.
2. Both, gross and net times are published in official results.
3. Time is measured by a chip attached to a running shoe. The chips are returnable.
4. The price of time measurement is included in registration fee.
5. Time control points are located along the route at: start line, 5 km, 10 km, 15 km, 20 km, 21,975km, 25 km, 30 km, 35 km, 40 km, finish line.
6. Personnel at the control points note down the runners who try to take a short cut along the route. Runners taking the short cut or going the wrong route are disqualified.
IX. Nutrition and refreshing points
1. Nutrition points are located every 5 km or so.
2. Products on tables at the nutrition points are arranged as follows:
water for sponges
bananas, chocolate, sugar
1. By registering for the Marathon, the competitor automatically declares that he has read the Regulations and undertakes to comply with it.
2. In the 19. PKO Poznań Marathon, the right to start is given to persons who until October 14, 2018. inclusive, they will turn 18 years old.
3. It is not allowed to run the Marathon with a bib number assigned to another person. The runner who takes part in the race with the bib number assigned to a different person will be disqualified.
4. Only runners and wheelchair users take part in the 19. PKO Poznań Marathon. Organizer for reasons of safety doesn’t allow for participation of people on skates, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles and other mechanical devices without a permit issued by Organizer. Due to the character of the Marathon it is forbidden to start people with sticks (trekking and Nordic Walking).
5. During the race, all competitors must have their bib numbers pinned. Bib numbers must be attached at the front to sports shirts on the chest or at the front on the waist belt fastened on the hips. Under the penalty of disqualification it is unacceptable to cover the bib number in part or in whole, his modyfication and placing the bib number on the back. Competitors taking off
without the bib number visible in front of t-shirt may be disqualified.
6. During the race, all competitors must have a pinned chip. The chip must be fixed to the left or right leg at the height of the ankle (shoe shoelace). Placing chips in other places threatens with disqualification.
XI. Participants verification and start packages issuing
1. The verification of competitors and the start packages issuing will take place only in the Marathon Office at the Poznań International Fair, hall no. 3, 14 Głogowska Street on”
– 12.10.2018 (Friday) between 10.00 – 20.00
– 13.10.2018 (Saturday) between 10.00 – 20.00
After this date, the Organizer doesn’t issue starter packages or send them by post.
2. Runner’s verification and collection of starter packages (including bib numbers, gifts and informational marathon materials) will be held in the Marathon Office based on the start card or ID document. The organizer doesn’t send start packages by post or courier.
3. The start card is available from October 5, 2018 from 11.00 on an individual runner’s profile on the website: https://runner.marathon.poznan.pl/. If someone can not personally pick up the start package, must give the start card or identity document (can be photocopy or scan) to the person who will receive the package for him.
4. The start package contains: an envelope with a bib number, a time measurement chip, a number on cloakroom bag, cloakroom bag, pasta party voucher, 4 safety pins, sport bag, technical t-shirt
4F brand, advertising materials from sponsor – PKO Bank Polski.
1. General – women and men.
2. Age classification – women and men: 18-29, 30-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55–59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and older.
3. Best citizen of Poznań – woman and man.
4. Oldest participant of the Marathon – woman and man.
5. General classification – women and men – wheelchairs type I (direct drive) and wheelchairs type II (indirect drive).
6. Age classification doesn’t apply to participants on wheelchairs.
XIII. Applications & Fees
1. Deadline for online applications is 11 October 2018 or once the applications limit is reached. On 12-13 October 2018 applications will be accepted only in the Marthon Office, between 10:00-20:00 (Poznań International Fair, hall no. 3) The applications will not be accepted after 13 October 2018.
2. Applications shall be issued via website https://runner.marathon.poznan.pl/run/join/6/choose?lang=en or personally in the Marathon Office.
3. Competitors are registered for the Marathon when the Organizer gets correctly filled application form and registration fee into his bank account.
4. The Organizer establishes the following terms and application fees:
120 PLN – when paid until 31 July 2018,
150 PLN – when paid 1 August until 30 September 2018,
200 PLN – when paid 12-13 October 2018.
5. Participants must pay registration fee within 7 days since registration by PayU system. If the payment is not made within this time, the runner’s account becomes inactive. The runner may reactivate his account online unless the registration limit is already reached. To reactivate the account, the runner should go to section „payment” in his online account and make the payment. The fee paid once is not refundable and transferred to events organized by the Organizer in subsequent years.
6. The Organizer ensures that data related to the payment process, i.e. credit card numbers and details as well as access codes to online bank accounts, are not saved by the Administrator. To protect confidential data, transactions made through an external online payment system are encrypted.
7. The following participants have the right to participate in the Marathon for free (provided they register by 13 October 2018):
participants who completed all 18 editions of the Marathon in Poznań (Poznań Marathon),
participants on wheelchairs,
participants who were on the I, II and III place in age classifications in the 18. PKO Poznań Marathon,
participants taking part in the Marathon based on another agreements between Poznań Sports and Recreation Centers,
participants exempted from paying the registration fee by the Poznań Sports and Recreation Centers Director based on their written request,
visually impaired and blind participants taking part in the 7. Mistrzostwa Polski Osób Niewidomych i Słabowidzących organized by the Stowarzyszenie Kultury Fizycznej Sportu i Turystyki Niewidomych i Słabowidzących CROSS w Warszawie.
winners of the competitions organized by the Organizer and Partners, Sponsors, where award is exemption from start fee
honorary guests invited by the Organizer.
8. Runners who are 60 years old or older get 50% discount on application fee (they are not entitled to another discounts).
9. Runners who have „Poznań PRO Rodzina – Karta Rodziny Dużej” get 25% discount on application fee.
10. Runners who paid entry fee to 11. PKO Poznan Half Marathon get 20% discount on application fee.
11. Bib numbers can be transferred to another participants, who doesn’t have his bib number already by 4 October 2018. Application form allowing the transfer is available in runners’ online account on the Marathon website runner.marathon.poznan.pl. The Organizer doesn’t take responsibility for runners’ mistakes made during the transfer.
1. Winners in the general category of men and women (places I-III) receive cups.
2. Winners in individual age categories of men and women (graded according to net time), receive for the first, second, third place exemption from the entry fee in the 20. PKO Poznań Marathon 2019, which can be transferred to another person in the event of his resignation from the start.
3. Winners in the category of the best Poznań citizen – man and woman (1st place) – receive cups.
4. Winners in the category of the oldest participant – man and woman (1st place) – receive cups.
5. Cash prizes in the general category of men and women (runners):
1st place – PLN 12 000
2nd place – PLN 8 000
3rd place – PLN 6 000
4th place – PLN 4 000
5th place – PLN 2 000
6th place – PLN 1 000
6. Bonus for breaking the record of the Poznań Marathon for the first woman (time below 02:31:55) and the first man (time below 02:11:53) – PLN 10 000.
7. Cash prizes in the general category of wheelchair competitors – man and woman – (type I and II):
1st place – PLN 2 500
2nd place – PLN 2 000
3rd place – PLN 1 500
8. Prizes in general classification – women and men (I – III place) are granted to runners based on their order of crossing the finish line.
9. All runners who complete the 18. PKO Poznań Maraton participate in the lottery and may win one of several prizes:
– 10 cash prizes, each worth PLN 1 000 gross.
The drawing takes place on 14 October after the run on stage in the finish area. To participate in the drawing, the participant must put the coupon into the ballot box located nearby the Marathon Office in the hall no 3 (on 12-13 October, during the Marathon Office opening hours). The coupon is attached to the bib number and can be found in the envelope, in the start package. Presence of the participant at the prize drawing is not obligatory. Winning coupon doesn’t take part in the drawing of later prizes. Lotteries Regulations – link to the rules.
Of all runners who will finish the 19. PKO Poznań Marathon and drop a lottery ticket into the ballot box, will be drawn:
10. All runners who complete the marathon within 6 hours time are granted a medal.
11. The winners of money prizes must pay the tax in accordance with the tax law.
12. Money prizes are granted only into participants’ bank accounts via bank transfer. They cannot be paid in cash.
13. Money prizes are paid after receiving the results of anti-doping tests.
14. In order to receive cash prize into bank account, runners must fill in necessary forms required by the Tax Office and send them to the Organizer’s address within 30 days from the event’s finish date. Download the form.
XV. Anti-doping control
1. The winners of I, II, III, IV places in the general category of women and men are subject to control anti-doping (including EPO).
2. If doping agents are found prohibited in accordance with the list WADA in the „A” sample, the runner is informed about the possibilities and details of the sample examination „B” at his own expense. A positive result of the „B” sample test automaticly disqualificates that runner.
3. The Organizer does not conduct appeal, explanatory or disciplinary proceedings based on the guidelines of the World Anti-Doping Agency, Polish regulations anti-doping, IAAF and PZLA regulations.
1. Unofficial results from the run are posted on the website www.marathon.poznan.pl
immediately after the run.
2. The official results of the run will be posted on the website www.marathon.poznan.pl after obtaining the final results of anti-doping tests.
3. Details of participants (name, surname, year of birth, town, club, age category, net time, gross time, country, gender) who have completed the 19, PKO Poznań Marathon will be placed in
at the end of the results on website: https://marathon.poznan.pl/en/results/.
1. The organizer will provide free accommodation on 13/14.10.2018 for the first 600 participants of Marathon, who will mark the reservation of accommodation in the registration form.
2. Accommodation will be provided in sports halls at 34 Spychalskiego Street in Poznań.
3. The organizer does not provide mattresses and sleeping bags.
4. Competitors are accepted for the night on 13.10.2018, showing the bib number.
1. Deposits will be located near the finish line of Marathon – MTP Hall No. 3A.
2. Runners will give their items to the deposit, packed in bags marked with start numbers from 7:30 to 8:30.
3. The bags will be issued after showing the bib number until 16.00.
4. Losing the bib number by the competitor releases the Organizer from responsibility for picking up the bag by another person.
5. The Organizer shall not be liable for anything not deposited.
1. On 13.10.2018 at the Poznań International Fair – Hall 3A (14 Głogowska Street in Poznań) in 12.00 – 20.00 there will be a Pasta Party.
2. For participants of the Marathon Pasta Party is free and will be issued on the basis of a voucher
which is an integral part of the bib number.
3. After finishing the race (Międzynarodowe Targi Poznańskie), the competitors will receive:
– in the finish zone – a regeneration meal and drinks,
– after leaving the finish zone – a warm meal.
XXI. Final terms
1. The organizer provides medical care on the route and finish line.
2. Every participant during the race is insured against unfortunate consequences accidents.
3. A runner completing the electronic application form confirms that he will run on his own responsibility and bear the associated risk, accepting that participation in Marathon involves a physical effort and entails natural risk and danger accidents, the possibility of personal injury and physical injury (including death) as well damage and property losses. Completing the registration form and making a registration fee means that the competitor assessed the nature, scope and degree of risk relating to participation in the Marathon and voluntarily decided to take this risk,
starting in Marathon at his own risk.
4. The Organizer recommends before and during preparations for the Marathon performing appropriate medical examinations or medical consultations depending on the age and physical condition of the runner.
5. It is forbidden to bring items that may be dangerous to the Marathon route other runners. In the place of the Marathon it is forbidden to bring intoxicants, doping, illegal substances and alcoholic beverages.
6. All participants of the Marathon can use free massages and showers after the run till 16.30.
7. Any complaints, comments and requests regarding matters related to participation in the Marathon and protests regarding the results of the Marathon can be submitted, in particular, by e-mail to the Organiser’s address (email@example.com) orby registered post letter to the address of the Organizer’s Office (POSiR, ul. Spychalskiego 34, 61-553 Poznań), within 3 days from the date of completion of Marathon.
8. The organizer reserves the right to introduce additional classifications and prizes.
Poznań, April 2018 Director of POSiR Zbigniew Madoński