Download: Regulations (PDF)
- Popularisation and promotion of running as the simplest form of recreation.
- Promotion of the City of Poznań in Poland and in the world.
The City of Poznań
Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres
34 Spychalskiego Street
61-553 Poznań, Poland
phone +48 (61) 835 79 17
The race shall be held under the patronage of the Mayor of the City of Poznań.
III. Marathon Office
- The Marathon Office is located in the Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres Headquarters, that is:
34 Spychalskiego Street, 61-553 Poznań, Poland, in the rooms: 201, 203, 204.
Open from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00p.m.
phone +48 61 835 79 17
- On 18-19 October 2019 Marathon Office shall change its registered office to:
Poznań International Fair Ltd.
Hall no. 3
14 Głogowska Street, 60-734 Poznań, Poland
IV. Date and venue
- 1. The race shall take place on 20th October 2019 in Poznań.
- Start: ul. Grunwaldzka (przy Międzynarodowych Targach Poznańskich sp. z o.o.):
- at 8:50a.m. – wheelchair users, (types of wheelchairs allowed by the Organizer to start – download here)
- at 9:00 – runners.
- Finish: Poznań International Fair Ltd. (St. Mark’s Square).
- The date, venue and route of the Marathon may be changed, as well as the Marathon may be cancelled in case of any unpredictable circumstances on a date of publishing this Regulations or due to force majeure.
V. Start zones
- 1. The competitors line up at the start in designated and appropriately marked start zones in the following order:
- wheelchair users,
- elite runners,
- the other runners – in the zones according to the information on the bib number.
- The start zones are assigned to the participants on the basis of the finish times declared by them during the registration for the Marathon.
- The different colour stripes on participants’ bib numbers indicate start zones to which the runners are assigned to:
- Zone for wheelchairs – orange strip
- Zone AA – yellow strip – race elite
- Zone A – red strip – competitors with time below 3:10
- Zone B – green strip – time between 3:11 – 3:29
- Zone C – blue strip – time between 3:30 – 3:59
- Zone D – violet strip – time between 4:00 – 4:29
- Zone E – brown strip – time between 4:30
- The chosen start zone can be changed for a different one by participant on his/her individual on-line profile on the Marathon web site by 10th October 2019.
- The route length: 42.195 km.
- The route covers 1 loop.
- The route is certified by AIMS, IAAF, PZLA.
- Each kilometre of the route is marked with the vertical and horizontal signs.
- The route of the Marathon shall be closed to traffic until 3:30p.m.
VII. Time limit
- The time limit for the race completion by the competitors is of 6 hours.
- The runners who do not finish the race until within the time limit specified in VII.1 are obliged to discontinue running and get off the race route or reach the finish by the minibus marked with the “Marathon’s Finish” sign.
- Whoever stays on the race route upon an expiry of the time limit specified in these regulations does so at their own risk and responsibility. In this case are applicable the provisions of the Road Traffic Law Act and the Civil Law Act.
VIII. Time measurement
- The official time in the general and age classification is real time (net time – counted from the moment the runner crosses the start line). The first 100 runners crossing the finish line are the exception from this rule – their official time is gross time – counted from the starter’s shot). If there is no 8 men and 8 women in the first 100 finishing runners, the number or runners whose official time is net time is increased appropriately until such amount of men and women crosses the finish line.
- Each race participant shall receive information both about his/her gross, and net times in his/her final results.
- The time is measured by a chip attached to a running shoe lace of the participant. The chips are returnable.
- The charge for time measurement is included in the registration fee.
- The time control points are located along the route at: start line, 5 km, 10 km, 15 km, 20 km, 21,097 km, 25 km, 30 km, 35 km, 40 km finish line. No readout at any of the control points may result in a disqualification.
- The personnel at the control points note down the runners who take a short cut along the route. The runners taking the short cut or going the wrong route shall be disqualified.
IX. Nutrition, sanitary and medical points
- The nutrition points are located approximately every 5 km starting from 5th kilometre of the route.
- At all nutrition points can be found: water, isotonic drink, chocolate, sugar.
- It is not recommended to the runners to drink and eat along the race route beyond the points indicated by the Organiser.
- The Organiser fails to accept private nutritional supplements belonging to the participants excluding the elite runners.
- The Pasta Party shall be held on 19th October 2019 in the area of the Poznań International Fair Ltd. – Hall no. 3, between 12:00 p.m. – 8:00p.m.
- The participation in the Pasta Party is free of charge for the participants of the Marathon. A basis to be given a pasta serving shall be a nutrition voucher that constitutes an integral part of the start number of the competitor. It should be torn off and handed over to the meal service point.
- Upon finishing the race, after the finish line the participants shall receive:
- in the finish zone – fruit, sugar, chocolate and beverages,
- upon leaving the finish zone – warm meal.
- In the vicinity of each nutrition points shall be located the medical points and the cabin toilets (toilets).
- The Organiser shall ensure medical care at the race start, along the race route and at the race finish.
- The right to start in the 20th PKO Poznań Marathon is granted only to the persons who at the latest on 20th October 2019 turn 18 years old.
- Only the runners and wheelchair users take part in the 20th PKO Poznań Marathon. The Organiser due to the safety reasons doesn’t allow for participation of the people on skates, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles and other mechanical devices without a permit issued by Organiser. Due to the character of the Marathon the people with sticks (trekking and Nordic Walking) are forbidden to start.
- The Organiser fails to give its consent to run the Marathon with a bib number assigned to another person. The competitor who runs with the bib number assigned to the other person shall be disqualified.
- During the race, all competitors must have their bib numbers pinned.
The bib numbers must be attached at the front to sports shirts on the chest or at the front on the waist belt for the bib numbers fastened on the hips. Under the penalty of disqualification, it is unacceptable to cover the bib number in part or in whole, its modification and placing the bib number on the back. The competitors who start without the bib number visible in the front of T-shirt may be disqualified.
- During the race, all competitors must have a pinned chip. The chip must be fixed to the left or right leg (shoe shoelace). Placing chips in other places threatens with a disqualification.
- The rules of the PZLA (“Rules of Athletics Competitions” Polish edition on the basis of IAAF), IAAF(https://www.iaaf.org/about-iaaf/documents), AIMS guidelines and these regulations are applicable in respect of the Participants of the Marathon.
- By registering for the Marathon, the competitor automatically declares that he has read the Regulations and undertakes to comply with it.
XI. Participants verification and start packages issuing
- The verification of competitors and the start packages issuing (including bib numbers, gifts and the Marathon informative materials) shall take place in the Marathon Office only on the basis of the identity document and the start card. The Organiser sends the start packages neither via post nor courier.
- The start card shall be available from 11th October 2019 11:00 on the individual competitor’s profile (access: https://marathon.poznan.pl/en/ –“Log in” tab). If someone can not personally pick up the start package, must give the start card or ID card (can be photocopy or scan) to the person who shall receive the package for him/her.
- The Marathon Office shall be in the area of the Poznań International Fair Ltd. At 14 Głogowskiej Street and shall be open:
- 18/10/2019 (Friday) between 10:00a.m. – 8:00p.m.,
- 19/10/2019r. (Saturday) between 10:00a.m. – 8:00p.m.
- On the date when the Marathon is held, i.e. 20th October 2019, the Marathon Office shall be closed, and a collection of the start packages shall be impossible.
- The start package shall include:
- an envelope with a bib number, a time measurement chip, a sticker with a number on locker room sack for the deposit, a voucher for the Pasta Party, 4 safety pins,
- a sport bag/sack, a T-shirt, advertising materials from the sponsor – PKO Bank Polski.
- General – women and men.
- Age classification – women and men: 18-29, 30-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and older. The age classification is not applicable to the wheelchair users.
- The best citizen of Poznań – woman and man.
- The oldest participant of the Marathon – woman and man.
- General – category of wheelchair users with a direct drive (active wheelchairs), with an indirect drive (sport wheelchairs), with an indirect drive (hand bike, chain).
XIII. Applications & Fees
- The applications are accepted via the on-line form published on the following web site: https://marathon.poznan.pl/en/ or personally in the Organiser headquarters or the Marathon Office.
- The deadline for the on-line applications is 17th October 2019 or once the applications limit is reached.
- On 18-19 October 2019 the applications and the registration fees shall be accepted only in the Marathon Office, within its opening hours between 10:00a.m.-8:00p.m. (Poznań International Fair, hall no. 3) and a payment shall be able to be made only in cash.
- The limit of the paid applications is of 7 000 persons.
- The competitor is registered for the Marathon when the Organiser gets correctly filled application form and the registration fee is credited to its bank account.
- The Organiser establishes the following registration fees:
- when paid until 30the April 2019 – fee of 120 PLN,
- when paid from 1st May until 30th June 2019 – fee of 140 PLN,
- when paid from 1st July until 13th September 2019 – fee of 160 PLN,
- when paid from 14th September until 17th October 2019 – fee of 200 PLN,
- when paid on 18 and 19th October 2019 – fee of 220 PLN
- The amount of the registration fee depends on the payment date (crediting the Organiser’s account), not on the registration date.
- Once paid, the registration fee is not subject to return and transfer to the events organised by the Organiser within the subsequent years.
- The Organiser ensures that data related to the payment process, i.e. credit card numbers and details, as well as the access codes to the online bank accounts, are not recorded by the Controller. To protect confidential data, transactions made through an external online payment system shall be encrypted.
- The final deadline for making the registration fee on-line (unless the applications limit is reached earlier) until 17th October 2019.
- The following participants have the right to participate in the Marathon for free provided they register by 19th October 2019:
- participants who completed all 19 editions of the Poznań Marathon,
- wheelchair users,
- participants who were on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in their age classifications in the 19th PKO Poznań Marathon,
- participants who take part in the Marathon on the basis of the separate contracts and agreements concluded by the Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres Headquarters (POSiR),
- participants exempted from paying the registration fee by the Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres Director (individual cases) based on their written request,
- visually impaired and blind participants taking part in the Mistrzostwa Polski Osób Niewidomych i Słabowidzących organised by the Physical Education, Sport and Tourism Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted “CROSS” in Warsaw
- people with disabilities based on a medical certificate,
- winners of the competitions organised by the Organiser, Partners and Sponsors, where award constituted an exemption from registration fee,
- official pacemakers,
- contract competitors,
- honour guests who take part in the race invited by the Organiser.
- The runners who are 60 years old or older get 50% discount on application fee (they are not entitled to the other discounts).
- The runners who have the “Ogólnopolska Karta Dużej Rodziny” card featuring a territorial code of the city of Poznań get a 25% discount on the registration fee. The “Karta Dużej Rodziny” card issued by the other cities do not authorise to get a 25% discount.
- The bib number can be transferred to another participant, who is registered, but fails to have his/her bib number within the non-negotiable deadline until 10th October 2019. In order to effect it, the latter must complete the form for the participation transfer, which can be found on the participant’s individual profile on the web site: https://runner.marathon.poznan.pl?lang=en The Organiser waives its responsibility for the mistakes of the participants made during the transfer of their bib number to the other participant.
- The Organiser fails to provide agency services in the settlements between the participants.
- The winners in the general category of men and women (1st-3rd place) receive cups.
- The winners in the individual age categories of men and women (graded according to net time), receive for the first, second, third place exemption from the registration fee in the 21. PKO Poznań Marathon 2020, which can be transferred to another person in the event of his/her resignation from the start.
- The winners in the category of the best Poznań citizen – man and woman (1st place) – receive cups.
- The winners in the category of the oldest participant – man and woman (1st place) – receive cups.
- The cash prizes in the general category of men and women):
- 1st place – 20 000 PLN
- 2nd place – 12 000 PLN
- 3rd place – 8 000 PLN
- 4th place – 6 000 PLN
- 5th place – 4 000 PLN
- 6th place – 3 000 PLN
- The bonus for breaking the record of the Poznań Marathon for the first woman (time below 02:31:55) and the first man (time below 02:11:43) is of 10 000 PLN.
- The cash prizes in the general category of wheelchair users with a direct drive (active wheelchairs), with an indirect drive (sport wheelchairs), with an indirect drive (hand bike, chain):
- 1st place – 2 500 PLN
- 2nd place – 2 000 PLN
- 3rd place – 1 500 PLN
- The prizes in the general classification – women (1st – 6th place) and in the general classification – men (1st – 6th place) are granted to runners based on their order of crossing the finish line.
- All runners who complete the marathon within 6 hours are granted a medal.
- From the money prizes for the winners is deducted an income tax according to the mandatory law provisions.
- The money prizes are granted into the specified participants’ bank accounts only via bank transfer upon receiving the results of the antidoping tests. They cannot be paid in cash.
- In order to receive the cash prize into the bank account, runners must fill in the necessary forms required by the Tax Office and send them to the Organiser’s address within 30 days from the finish date of the Marathon. Download the form: Statement for fiscal purposes.
XV. Anti-doping control
- The Organiser is entitled to carry out anti-doping control including EPO.
- If doping agents prohibited in accordance with the WADA list in the “A” sample are found, the runner is informed about the possibilities and details of examination of the “B” sample at his/her own expense. A positive result of the “B” sample test automatically disqualifies that runner.
- The Organiser does not conduct any appeal, explanatory or disciplinary proceedings based on the guidelines of the World Anti-Doping Agency, Polish anti-doping provisions, IAAF and PZLA regulations.
- The Organiser shall ensure free accommodation on 19th/20th October 2019 for the first 600 participants of the Marathon, who shall mark the accommodation booking in the registration form.
- The accommodation shall be provided in the sport halls at 34 Spychalskiego Street in Poznań.
- The Organiser fails to provide the mattresses and sleeping bags..
- The competitors are accepted for the night stay on 19th October 2019 upon a presentation of the bib number.
XVII. Deposits, locker room, showers
- The deposits and locker rooms shall be located near the finish line of the Marathon in the area of the Poznań International Fair Ltd. (hall no. 3A).
- The runners shall give their things to the deposit, packed in bags marked with bib numbers from 7:15 a.m. until 8:30a.m.
- Issuing the bags from the deposit shall take place on 20/10/2019 upon presenting the bib number until 4:00p.m.
- Losing the bib number by the competitor releases the Organiser from liability for picking up the bag by another person.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for the things not left in the locker room.
- All participants who take part in the Marathon shall be eligible to benefit from the free massages and showers until 4:00p.m. in the hall 3A, too.
- The unofficial results from the race shall be posted on the website https://marathon.poznan.pl/en/ 1. immediately after the run.
- The official results of the run shall be posted on the website https://marathon.poznan.pl/en/ upon obtaining the final report from results of the anti-doping tests.
- The details of the participants (given name, surname, year of birth, town, club, age category, net time, gross time, country, sex) who have completed the 20. PKO Poznań Marathon shall be placed in the race end results on website: https://marathon.poznan.pl/en/runners-zone/results/ unless the participant gives his/her consent to it. In case of a failure to give a consent by the participant to publish the above-mentioned details, only the bib number and the achieved race time result shall be posted in the official results.
XIX. Final provisions
- All race participants shall have a personal accident insurance during the race.
- A runner completing the electronic application form confirms that he/she shall run on his/her own responsibility and shall bear the associated risk, acknowledging that participation in the Marathon involves a physical effort and entails natural risk and threatens with the accidents, a possibility of the bodily injuries and physical injuries (including death), as well damages and property losses. Completing the registration form and paying the registration fee means that the competitor assessed the nature, scope and degree of risk related to a participation in the Marathon and voluntarily decided to take this risk, starting in the Marathon at his/her own responsibility.
- The Organiser recommends before and during preparations for the Marathon to have the appropriate medical examinations or medical consultations depending on the age and physical condition of the Participant.
- It is forbidden to bring items to the Marathon route that may be dangerous to the other runners. It is forbidden to bring intoxicants, doping, illegal substances and alcoholic beverages to the venue of the Marathon.
- Any complaints, comments and requests regarding the issues related to the participation in the Marathon and protests regarding the results of the Marathon can be submitted, in particular, by e-mail to the Organiser’s address (firstname.lastname@example.org)or by registered mail to the address of the Organiser’s Office (POSiR, ul. Spychalskiego 34, 61-553 Poznań), within 3 days from the date of completion of the Marathon.
- The Organiser reserves the right to introduce the additional classifications and prizes.
- The Marathon Completion Diploma shall be available to be downloaded free of charge on https://fotomaraton.pl, upon the announcement of the official results.
- The advertising materials can be placed on the start, route and finish of the Marathon upon an exclusive consent of the Organiser. The advertisement of the items different than those of the official Sponsors and Partners of the Marathon is forbidden.
Director of Poznań Sports and Recreation Centers (POSiR)