General information – running, receiving packages
QUESTION: Where can I take off?
Everywhere! In all corners of Poland and even the world. The competitor himself determines where the start and finish of his run will be and does it at his own risk.
QUESTION: When will PKO Poznań Virtual Run take place?
PKO Poznań Virtual Run will be held on October 17 and 18, 2020. As for the time – this can be adjusted to your needs. The runners have two whole days to run the previously selected distance, from Saturday 00.01 until Sunday 24.00.
QUESTION: What distance can I run?
- 5 km
- 10 km
- Half Marathon (21,097 km)
- Marathon (42.195 km)
The competitor can cover the distance of his choice on any terrain, while maintaining social distance, as recommended by the Ministry of Health and GIS. Competitors are required to comply with the Road Traffic Act, as long as their route runs along roads.
QUESTION: How can I pick up a starter package?
There are two options:
- pickup in person
- pickup via courier
Regardless of which option you choose, the packages will be available from November 16, 2020.
- personal collection: starter packages can be collected at the headquarters of POSiR, Event Organization and Marketing Department, room 201, 202, 204 / 16/11 – 16/12/2020 from Monday to Friday, 8.00 – 16.00)
- collection via courier: an option for people who indicated the willingness to ship via courier in the application form and paid an additional fee
T-shirts and medals will be sent by courier within one month of the end of the run. In the event that the competitor does not collect the addressed package and it returns to the Organizer, the competitor is obliged to cover the cost of the next shipment for the purpose of reshipment.
QUESTION: Can I change the form of package delivery?
Yes. You can change your decision even after the race, but not later than November 16, 2020.
For this purpose, please contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
QUESTION: Do I need current medical examinations to take off?
They are not required. However, we recommend that prior to the start of PKO Poznań Virtual Run, appropriate medical examinations or medical consultations should be made, depending on the age and physical condition of the competitor.
QUESTION: Do I have to run with my bib number?
No. After registration, the competitor will receive a starting number in a pdf file. The number can be printed and attached to the T-shirt during the run, but it is not necessary.
QUESTION: I am under 18 years old. Can I take off?
No. In PKO Poznań Virtual Run, the right to start is for people who, on October 17, 2020 at the latest. are 18 years of age.
QUESTION: I would like to take part in a run on roller skates, roller skates, skateboards or with training poles. Is it possible?
No. Only runners and wheelchair users take part in PKO Poznań Virtual Run. Bicycles and other mechanical devices are also not allowed.
Time counting and classifications
QUESTION: What is the time limit?
There is no time limit for PKO Poznań Virtual Run participants, except for the fact that the run must take place on October 17 and 18, 2020, between from 00.01 on Saturday to 24.00 on Sunday.
QUESTION: Do I have to run with the PKO Poznań Virtual Run application?
No, but we suggest you have one. Other recording devices can be used, eg Endomondo, Strava. It is important for the competitor to be able to send a picture of the screen with the recorded race (the so-called screen shot) showing the race with visible distance and time. The screenshot must contain information such as: distance traveled, time and date. It should be sent by October 25, 2020. until 23.59 using the form available on the website: www.marathon.poznan.pl or via the mobile application.
QUESTION: How to save time in Poznań Virtual Run application?
If you run with the Poznań Virtual Run application:
- Before starting, make sure that you have the most current version of the application, and the application itself has all the necessary approvals for proper operation (in particular, permission to run in the background and disable energy saving)
- Launch the application
- Select the event (distance) you are attending
- Click „Register race” and enter your bib number and the e-mail address provided during registration
- After successful login, the distance registration screen will be displayed
- Press start and start running
- After reaching the distance, the application will automatically stop the time and show a summary window
- After uploading the result to the system, the application activates the „My result” tab, where you will see the current place
The accuracy of the route recording via GPS is influenced by many factors, including: phone model, operating system, cellular network, current weather conditions, case / cover, starting point and availability of GPS satellites. You should also remember that the application has permission to run in the background.
In view of the above, we suggest mirroring the GPS tracking with the application you use on a daily basis for training or with a GPS watch. This applies in particular to the half-marathon and marathon distances.
The application should have permission to work in the background (SETTINGS – APPS – Poznań Virtual Race – BATTERY – you should allow the application to work in the background.
The application should have permission to refresh in the background (SETTINGS – Poznań Virtual Race – BACKGROUND REFRESHING enabled).
During the first launch, the application will ask for permission for GPS tracking / location and access to the camera. You must agree to both functions for the application to work properly.
QUESTION: How do I save the time if I choose to start with my own tracking app or GPS watch?
If you choose to start with your own tracking application or a GPS watch, you must:
- upload at least one, maximum 3 graphic files (file extension .jpg or .png, file size, max 2mb)
- enter the registration e-mail (provided during registration)
- enter the bib number
- enter the time
The option to upload the result will be available on October 17 and 18, both in the application via „Upload your result), and also via the website, using the ADD RESULT option
Only results in which the screenshot shows the date, distance and time will be accepted. If the distance in the screenshot is slightly greater than the one required to run, the time taken is taken into account, not the time adjusted to the distance of the event.
QUESTION: How will the general classification be conducted?
The general and age classification will be based on the net times of all participants of PKO Poznań Virtual Run.
QUESTION: What are the other classifications?
We anticipate several classifications so that everyone can find something for themselves:
- General – women, men
- Age – women and men: 18-20, 21 – 30, 31 – 40, 41 – 50, 51 – 60, 61 – 70, 71 and more years. Age classification does not apply to wheelchair players
- The best resident of Poznań and the best resident of Poznań
- The oldest participant and the oldest participant
- General – disabled competitors on wheelchairs with direct drive (active wheelchairs, without freewheel, eway, etc.), with direct drive (sports wheelchairs – rim-push), with indirect drive (handbike, chain)
- Team – there must be a minimum of 6 people in a team. The best 4 times count towards the team’s classification. When registering, enter the name of the team in the field „team, group, club” (the name must be entered in the same way for all participants).
- Voivodship – classification of the best results according to the people who selected a given voivodeship at the time of registration for the race
After the run
QUESTION: How will I get my score?
The unofficial results of PKO Poznań Virtual Run will be posted on the run website immediately after the run. The official results of PKO Poznań Virtual Run will be posted after the competitors have obtained photos / screenshots on October 26, 2020.
Participants’ data (name, surname, year of birth, city, country, club, age category, classified team, net time, country, gender) of PKO Poznań Virtual Run will be included in the final results of the run on the run’s website, provided that the participant agrees . In the absence of the participant’s consent to include the above-mentioned data, only the participant’s bib number and time will be included in the official results.